Glacier County Community Input
Economic Development (private business)
- Need better customer service; fast foods/Wal-Mart.
- We need family oriented business.
- Lack of funds for public infrastructure improvement-to keep our town clean.
- Lack of economic availability: bank loans, jobs, assistance filling out applications.
- Get more employment so people could have jobs.
- Expand the hospital so there will be a lot more openings for job opportunities; expand a lot more of our businesses.
- Water and wind.
- Wind energy to become locally sustainable.
- No place to ride and walk in lighting and of road.
- Lights and security in the walking park.
- Landscape our downtown streets and the road toward high school.
- Parks and a neater community (garbage and dog problem controlled).
- Need more mental health services for people.
- New treatment center (drugs and alcohol).
- Treatment and mental health services to assist with extreme addiction problems.
- Lack of rental housing.
- Homeless shelter.
- New nursing home.
- Refurbish old buildings.
- More affordable, nice-looking houses.
Recreation & Parks
- Other youth activities such as ice skating rink, swimming pool/outdoor.
- Clubs and organized activities and sports leagues for adults and kids.
- More places where teens can go and hang out like a mall, a movie theater, etc.
- We as a community need public transportation during the evenings and weekends.
- We need more police/more lights/more neighborhood patrols to prevent vandalism and crimes.
- Need a larger food bank.
- Four year Bachelor’s degrees at BCC.
- Tech school for job training.
- Vo-tech center would be so beneficial here for students to get a trade skill in town for those that don’t see a high school diploma as an achievable goal.
- Sidewalks; public safety; fix roads; support small businesses; protect environment for younger generations.
- Better help with teen pregnancy; housing; schooling; police; job training.
Share your ideas for creating a Vibrant Future on the Blackfeet Reservation below!!