Reclamation and Development Planning Grants
The Reclamation and Developments Grant Program is transitioning to the State of Montana grant application and tracking database called WebGrants at www.fundingmt.org. The attachments provide instructions on how to register for an account and for how to complete an online grant application. Please call Stephanie Hester at 406-444-6691 or Alicia Stickney at 406-444-0547 for questions or technical support.
WHO: Tribes, cities, counties, conservation districts, and other local government entities
WHAT: Planning for natural resource projects that provide natural resource benefits in one of two categories:
· mineral development impacts or
· crucial state need.
Mineral development impact projects must:
- Reclaim land, water or other resources adversely affected by mineral development, or
- Mitigate damage to public resources caused by mineral development, or
- Research, demonstrate, or provide technical assistance to promote the wise use of Montana minerals, or
- Investigate and remediate sites where hazardous wastes or regulated substances threaten public health or the environment, or
- Research to assess existing or potential environmental damage resulting from mineral development.
Crucial state need projects must prevent or eliminate severe and unacceptable damage to natural resources or capture extraordinary public benefit that would otherwise be lost. Public benefit from implementation of this type project must directly relate to natural resources.
Project activities may include, but are not limited to: (1) problem analysis, (2) feasibility or design studies, (3) environmental monitoring, (4) remedial action plans, (5) technology demonstration, (6) research, (7) construction, or (8) other related actions that lead to a full-scale project.
Funding limit: Up to $50,000 per planning project, depending on intended planning activities.
Eligible projects that do not receive funding this cycle can resubmit in summer 2015, pending Legislative approval of additional planning funding.
For more information, visit the website at http://dnrc.mt.gov/divisions/cardd/resource-development/reclamation-and-development-grants-program.
Tags: Blaine, business, cascade, Chouteau, Community, Economic Development, Employment, glacier, Health, Hi-Line, Hill, Housing, ideas, Judith Basin, Liberty, Northcentral Montana, Opportunity Link, Phillips, Pondera, Population, prosperity, recreation, regional development, rural, support, Teton, Toole, Transportation